Frequently Asked Questions
What are your office hours?
Bambhania Dermatology & Aesthetics is open Monday - Friday, from 8:30am - 5pm. Please note that our office will be closed in observance of the following holidays: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas
How do I schedule an appointment?
For your convenience, we offer the following methods to schedule your appointments:
Online scheduling: To request appointment availability, please click here to fill out the form. Our scheduling coordinator will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- Call our office at 714-838-8254.
What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
- Completed new patient forms
- List of current medications and medical conditions
- Photo ID
What if I need to reschedule?
Please call our office at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. We’ll work with you to help you find another date that fits your schedule.
What services do you provide?
Bambhania provides numerous effective cosmetic services, such as:
- PDO Thread Lifts
- J-Plasma Skin Resurfacing
- Dermal Fillers
- Photodynamic Acne Therapy
- Medical Weight Loss
- And many more!
What happens during my first visit?
We will conduct a thorough examination on your first visit to determine the best course of action to achieve cosmetic health and your goals. For your first visit, you will receive a FREE one-on-one consultation with Dr. Bambhania himself!
Why do I need to discuss my medical conditions with the cosmetologist?
Many health conditions are indicated on the skin and can affect cosmetic health, so your medical information is very important in diagnosing issues with your skin and body.
What payment options do you offer?
Bambhania Dermatology & Aesthetics offers these payment options:
- Cash, check or credit card at time of service.
- Payment plans – For major treatments, we will work with you to develop a payment plan.
- We offer CareCredit.
Do you require payment at the time of the visit?
We will require payment at the time of service or as specified in your payment plan, unless told otherwise.
Do you accept CareCredit payments?
We are pleased to accept CareCredit, a medical credit card that can be used for cosmetic health expenses. For more information, please ask our staff or visit the website at www.CareCredit.com.
Do you offer financing options?
Yes, we offer both short-term, interest-free financing and longer term financing with low monthly payments. We will be happy to work with you to find the best payment option for you!
You should avoid the following for at least 24hrs: *Strenuous exercise, consumption of alcoholic beverages, extended exposure to sun or heat. Exposure to any of the above may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection sites, you can apply an ice pack for a brief period. It is normal to feel some lumpiness & mild bruising.
*Persistent numbness, blanching, pain & discoloration beyond first few hours after the procedure need urgent attention call Dr. Bambhania immdiately.
What can I expect post-treatment?
A sunburn-like effect is normal for 2-3 days and can last for up to 5-7 days. This can mean anything from being light pink to a swollen, red and itchy sunburn with scaling or scabbing. Peeling or flaking may begin on day 3 or 4, make sure you do not pick! Crusting may occur where there was sun damage and/or actinic keratosis. Not everybody visibly peels. Swelling, peeling, crusting and discomfort may also occur. Some patients may have an exuberant response to PDT and experience a much more severe sunburn-like effect.
However, no matter how severe the response there is absolutely NO possibility of scarring or any permanent damage if you follow our directions. There is a nominal fee for the one month follow up appointment.
- Stay out of direct AND indirect sunlight for 48 hours. Use a good SPF 50 sunblock daily (4x per day). You should plan to stay indoors for 2 days and avoid sunlight through uncovered windows.
- Keep the treated area clean so there is no risk of infection. Wash with a mild cleanser twice a day.
- Apply a high-quality moisturizer as often as needed (CeraVe, Cetaphil or Eucerin).
- If use of a pain reliever is necessary, ibuprofen or acetaminophen are fine.
- Keep cooling gel in refrigerator, 100% Aloe Vera gel (with solarcaine) or the plant.
- Use ice or cold packs, frozen peas or corn if necessary, to keep down the swelling.
- You can use Florosone, an herbal anti-inflammatory cream for redness or tenderness if necessary.
- Avoid any acne regime or topical irritants such as Retin-A, glycolic or salicylic acid until your skin is no longer peeling, flaking or red.
- If blisters form, use an antibiotic ointment (Bacitracin) twice a day.
- Stay out of direct sunlight for one month
- Do not smoke or be around secondhand smoke
- Keep Aquaphor or bacitracin ointment on the treated areas continuously for 10 days, reapplying two times per day and as needed to keep skin moist; area around the eyelids may require the most frequent reapplication.
- If you have had the plasma treatment around your eyes, apply one drop of Tobramycin solution to each eye every eight hours for 7 days.
- During waking hours, walk around at least every two hours; this will help to improve circulation and prevent a blood clot.
- Resume eating food as soon as you are ready, but avoid spicy and greasy foods for 48 hours.
- On the third day, wash face with lukewarm water; do not use soap or shampoo
- On the tenth day, begin applying sunscreen to treated areas.
- While taking pain medication, do not drive a car, go to work, make important decisions, or consume alcohol.
- For two weeks, do not exercise or undertake any strenuous activity or heavy lifting (we don't want you to sweat)
- Most patients can apply makeup to treated areas after about ten days; please get approval from our office before doing so.
- Please call the office if you develop a fever, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea or excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding.
- Norco 5-325mg; take one tablet every 6 hours as needed or pain; during the first 24 hours following the treatment, if you are awake and alert and one tablet is not sufficient for relief of pain, it is permissible to take a second tablet.
- Do not take on an empty stomach. Do not drive a car or drink alcohol while taking Norco.
- Doxycycline 100mg antibiotic; starting the day before treatment, take one pill 2 times per day; continue taking one pill 2 times per day until you follow up appointment, and for up two weeks, until skin is completely healed; do not consume alcohol while taking Doxycycline
- Valtrex (valacyclovir) to prevent oral blisters: finish the three-day cycle by taking one pill on the day after the treatment.
- Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone), to reduce inflammation and swelling: as directed.
- 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 10 days. If itching, may use 3-4 times per day.
- Patients may experience a burning sensation for 1-2 hours immediately after the treatment. Cooling with an ice pack can provide relief to the treated area. Make sure to enclose the ice pack in a sterile and dry gauze to prevent water from permeating on to the treated area.
- Do not let the treatment area be in contact with water for up to 24 hours after surgery. After the first day, wash and dry the treated area by patting the skin gently for two days. Do not rub the area.
- Some patient might experience pinpoint bleeding. If this occurs, then stanch the area using a clean pad to stop bleeding.
- It is important to keep the skin moisturized and hydrated after the 1st day. Apply a petrolatum-based product on the treated area several times a day for the following 3-5 days. This will help quicker healing as well as reducing risks of allergic reactions.
- After the third day, patients may wash, apply mineral makeup, shave, or take a shower regularly.
- A thin crust may appear within 3-7 days post treatment as your new skin begins to form. The newly generated skin is sensitive and must be protected from sunlight; sunscreen should be applied generously on the treated area during daytime.
- Avoid using alcohol-containing cosmetics at least for 2 weeks after the treatment. Avoid vigorous activity for the first week post treatment or until initial healing has occurred. Increased redness may result from any activity that increases blood flow or body temperature (i.e. alcohol consumption, exercise, sauna).
- Over the next month, keep applying moisturizer and sunblock with SPF 30+ and use an umbrella, cap or any available protections against outdoor sun light.